With the rainy month of July behind us we’re hoping August will bring sunshine and beautiful days. In the mean time, we have something that will brighten your day (and delight your palate too!)
The Space Coast’s favorite seafood restaurant, Bonefish Grill, has introduced a new menu that will satisfy both surf and turf lovers with innovative and unique new appetizers and bowls including Spicy Ahi Tuna and NY Strip Tataki, Steaks and Chops, and deluxe sides that offer up twists on the tried and true. Did we mention we have the recipe to the Spicy Ahi Tuna Bowl?
Bonefish’s iconic appetizer, Bang Bang Shrimp, will share the spotlight with Bang Bang Shrimp Flatbread and a new starter – Cold Snap Fresh Ceviche. This chilled seafood trio is served in frozen glasses made entirely of ice (seen in photo above.)
And joining the new tasty dishes are handcrafted cocktails including the Fresh Pineapple Martini and the Cold Snap Cucumber Cosmo. After a hot and humid day, those sure do sound refreshing!
The Space Coast has two Bonefish Grill locations – Merritt Island and Viera.
2251 Center St. #129, Viera
795 E Merritt Island Causeway, Merritt Island
And don’t think we forgot to share the Spicy Ahi Tuna Bowl recipe! Try it out for yourself and let us know what you thought in a comment below!
Ingredients: (2 Servings)
- 6 oz Tuna Sashimi Slices
- 1 Cup Cooked Basmati Rice
- 3 oz of Fruit Salsa
- 1 Avocado (quartered)
- ¼ Cup Carrot Slices (thinly sliced)
- 4 Sprigs of Cilantro
- Crispy Wontons or Fried Onions for Garnish
- Lightly sear the Tuna Sashimi.
- On a plate, place Tuna Sashimi slices on top of cooked rice.
- Fan Avocado slices out and place next to the Tuna.
- Pour Fruit Salsa (see recipe below) over the Tuna.
- Garnish with carrot slices, sprigs of Cilantro and Crispy Wontons.
- Serve with Soy Sauce or Chile Garlic Sauce.
Ingredients for Fruit Salsa:
- 2 Cups of Pineapple (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Jalapeno (finely diced)
- ½ Cup Red Pepper (finely diced)
- ¼ Cup Red Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Cilantro to Taste
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Core and dice Pineapple (1/4”X1/4”).
- Slice Jalapeno (1/4”X 1/4”).
- Stem, seed, and dice Red Bell Peppers (1/8” x 1/8”).
- Peel and chop Red Onion (1/8” x 1/8”).
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss to coat evenly.