My significant other and I love our staple date night restaurant, but eating at it time and again is making it stale. If you and your partner are in this rut, consider trying the fantastic food and elegant atmosphere of one of the following fine dining options. These 5 restaurants will certainly get you out of your rut and feeling romantic again.
- Built in 1905, The Mansion was originally known as “The Queen Anne” and served as a home to Nannie McBride Lee and John B. Lee. This historic home served as a hurricane shelter when the storms blew in and garnered fame as the site of Nannie’s famous ice-cream socials. Now, over 100 years later, The Queen Anne has been restored and turned into The Mansion, one of Melbourne’s most beloved restaurants. Located right along the Indian River, The Mansion has a wealth of seating and freshly made meals just for you. You have the option to sit in one of six different locations including the garden or the tavern bar. Along with their plentiful seating and menu options, The Mansion is home to its very own expansive wine cellar and gin closet. The Mansion has any type of alcohol that you could dream up, from chilled wines and champagnes to microbrews and whiskeys. If you are looking for a historic place to have your date night, The Mansion is the perfect spot for you. Visit The Mansion
- This is the fine dining experience you’ve been waiting for. Djon’s Steak and Lobster House is located right on the ocean in the heart of Melbourne Beach, so you’ll enjoy a picturesque view along with your food. Djon’s has a romantic feel, with beautiful chandeliers and several different sections to sit, including a lovely outside seating area. If you come at nighttime, a pianist accompanies your meal with music. Best known for their melt-in-your-mouth steak and lobster, the food is made fresh daily. Along with the restaurant’s ability to cater to date nights and small celebrations, Djon’s can host up to 200 people. So, you can host a wedding or work event here, too. Visit Djon’s Steak & Lobster House
- For an upscale experience with a casual feel, The Fat Snook is the place to go. This scratch kitchen specializes in seafood with a Caribbean twist, with offerings such as Caribbean Corn Bread and Pumpkin Grits. While you can partake in a delicious, fresh meal any night, head over on Sunday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. to try their Sunday Brunch. This fun, local-themed brunch is delightfully boozy, with cocktail names such as “Beach, Please!” and “I Dream of Sangria.” And speaking of local, they partner with local vendors such as Wahoo Coffee Co., Intracoastal Brewing Co., Springer Farms, and others, so you can feel comfortable knowing that the money you spend is going directly back into the community. Visit The Fat Snook
- Café Margaux is home to quality steak and European cuisine. Located in Cocoa Village, this upscale restaurant is the perfect place to end a long day at the office, celebrate an anniversary or enjoy a first date. The outdoor seating has a bubbling fountain and the feel of a Parisian café, and the indoor section is refined and elegant. Apart from their daily menus, Cafe Margaux also offers a 7-course dinner and wine tasting on the first Friday and Thursday of every month. Each experience features a different vineyard, with wines available for retail purchase following the dinner. With the selection constantly changing, this dinner is worth enjoying more than once. It is also important to note that Cafe Margaux’s dress code is business casual, so keep the restaurant in mind for any special occasion.Visit Café Margaux
- Though Malabar might be a far drive for most, Yellow Dog Cafe is well worth it. Whether you’re there for lunch or dinner, the food is made from scratch with fresh ingredients. That in mind, Yellow Dog Cafe is perfect for those with food allergies and restrictions. Because their food is made to order, the chefs at Yellow Dog Cafe can adapt your entrée to your particular needs. Like The Mansion, Yellow Dog Cafe has a variety of seating available to guests. You can choose to reserve a table for you and your date in the open kitchen (where you can watch the chefs prepare your meal), on the patio, in the library or in one of the restaurant’s other unique dining rooms. And rest assured, each dining room has a view of the river, ensuring your evening is picture perfect.Visit Yellow Dog Cafe