Sassy, Spicy South of the Boarder morsels to enjoy anytime of the year
Cinco de Mayo is famously celebrated at venues and in home across Mexico and America on the fifth of May each year. The event commemorates the Mexican Army’s victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862. In America, it’s more of a reason to celebrate and toast the culture and food of our southern neighbors, but you can choose to honor them anytime with these tasty recipes that combine the vibrant colors and flavors of the country into some feel-good, tasty treats. Adjust heat according to your own taste and ¡diviértete!
Spicy Bay Margarita
- 2 oz Tequila
- 3 tbs Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 tbs Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 2 tsp Light Agave Syrup
- 1 Serrano or Jalapeño Pepper, Thinly Sliced
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Lime Wedge & Pepper for Garnish
- To salt the rim of a glass, start by rubbing the juice of a lime generously around the rim.
- Pour the margarita salt onto a plate and stir in Old Bay seasoning.
- Dip the lime-coated rimthoroughly in the salt mixture, fillthe glass with crushed ice and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, add the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, agave syrup, and a few slices of jalapeño.
- Lightly shake or stir the mixture and pour over the prepared glass of ice.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and jalapeño, using a toothpick for stability.
Taco Grazing Tray
A colorful grazing trey full of taco-building favorites and a few more decadent items for extra special flavor. Meat and seafood items are displayed in cabbage cups nestled next to Mexican street corn, sauces, salsas, and a variety of toppings. The black bean and corn salsa is a particular favorite!
Black Bean & Corn Salsa
• 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained
• 1 15.25 oz. can whole kernel sweet corn, drained • 2-3 medium vine ripe tomatoes, diced
• 1 cup red or yellow onion, diced
• 3/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
• 2 tsp. red pepper (if using)
• 2 tsp. Chili powder (if using)
• Salt & Pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, gently stir together ingredients. Add fresh ground salt and pepper to taste. Let ingredients meld together in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours, or overnight. Serve chilled with blue or yellow corn tortilla chips, or alongside your favorite Mexican meal.