It’s easy to set up a festive bar when you have a rolling cart on hand. It’s one of the most used party pieces in my collection. I can simply roll it out, gather all of my pieces, and put together a beautiful spread in minutes.
You also can customize the presentation for any occasion...this New Year’s Eve setup was as easy as it gets! I found the metallic gold fringe curtains and coordinating 32” balloons online for less than $30.
We used Champagne, but bubbly water and alcohol-free sparkling apple cider would be a great choice, too! To shake it up a bit further, I added assorted berries, juices, and festive drink stirs for fun flavor combinations.
Here are a few easy apps to accompany the drinks:
Midnight Hand Pies
MAKES: 7 Single Serving Pies
1 package refrigerated pie crust (2 pie crusts)
7.5 oz garlic & herb cream cheese spread
– Preheat oven to 375F.
– Beat the egg and set aside with a pastry brush.
– Using a 3 1/4-inch circular cookie cutter, cut 14 pie crust circles.
– Place 7 pie crust pieces on a baking sheet. Add a heaping spoonful of garlic & herb cream cheese to the center of each round leaving a 1/4” edge.
– Brush a thin layer of beaten egg around edges and cover with the remaining 7 pie crust rounds. Pinch together the pie crusts with a fork to seal.
– If desired, decorate the tops of your hand pies with mini cookie letters for the “XII”. I used a “T” cookie cutter to make the basic shape of the clock hand before finishing it with my fingers.
(Note: Brush the surface of each hand pie with egg before placing your decorative pie crust elements on top to secure them.)
– Using a sharp knife, cut a few small slits in the top of each pie to allow heat to escape.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
24 stalks asparagus
12 slices bacon, halved lengthwise
– Preheat the oven to 400F.
– Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
– Wash and trim the woody ends of the asparagus.
– Wrap a bacon strip tightly around a piece of asparagus and place the bacon end side down on the parchment paper to hold into place.
– Repeat with all pieces, spacing on the baking sheet so they don’t touch to avoid sticking together.
– Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crisp!
Caprese Salad Skewers
MAKES: 16 Skewers
6 oz. cherry tomatoes
16 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Salt & pepper
– Wash and dry the tomatoes and basil.
– Cut the mozzarella cheese slices in half, (or you can use bocconcini mozzarella balls, cut in half)
– Skewer ingredients starting with a basil leaf, mozzarella cheese, and tomato.
– Repeat for remaining skewers, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
– Drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving.